Sunday 21 April 2013

jealousy redefined (for me atleast)

 The fundamental definition that we all know is that JEALOUSY is an emotion that typically refers to all the negative thoughts and feelings from insecurity, fear and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that a persong values a lot ( source: wikipedia)

My first memory of jealousy was when my little brother was just born. He was having mine and everyone's undivided attention all to himself !

As a girl my jealousy were limited to petty things like:
whoa! she is taller than me!

Her dress is prettier than mine and how come she has those beautiful pairs of stilletoes?

The common and universal one: The most beautiful factor!

And the ultimate: The love thing! Admit it. We all have felt jealous when our crush or boy/girlfriend gives the other guy/girl more attention!
These were all out of insecurity.

Well if you ask me now what i am jealous of : I can confidently say that its nothing!
I love my brother a lot! I do have a good height and its perfect for my type of build. So what if my dress is not pretty? I'm comfortable with it and it compliments me! I don't own those stilletoes but my footwear is as much pretty and comfortable! I am beautiful and who are they to judge? As long as I love myself I don't give a damn about what they say. About the love thing, no comments :p Well, in this case I can't ask you guys to not to get jealous. BUT! I can vouch that i'm not a single bit jealous in this case. Let them do what they want. If they truly care for you, their attention would be solely for you! No matter with whom they talk all the day, its you all over their mind!

Jealousy would help you rather you'll get more insecure. You'll end up hurting yourself and thats not good either. So stop worrying and stop getting jealous :) Everything will be alright if you believe in yourself.
 
 




 

2 comments: