Thursday 18 April 2013

zorro (the version that i love - arabic cartoon)

I was studying and humming a familiar tune alongside. I pondered a lot over it and realized it was my favourite tune during childhood. The opening track of Zorro!
Since I was a kid I never failed to miss the "JUST KIDS" episode which used to start at 6:00 pm and continued for an hour (the programme has ended now). It used to show Zorro, Cinderella, Sandokan, Christopher Coloumbus and Simba ( which included some parts of The Tiger King) okay not altogether but yeah half an hour slot for any two series in combo.
But I personally liked Zorro. When the series started I used to get so excited. It used to start with Zorro's transformation to a Messiah to save the ones who needed help, never mind his actual dumb self - Diego! ( not actually dumb but he pretended so, afterall heroes wouldnt like their cover blown up) and his partner Chhota Zorro played by Bernard ( it sounds funny but that series was in Hindi hence chhota zorro) He was the most handsome cartoon character - black flowing cape, black hat, black jackets and black skin fitting jeans :p and a black mask! I would literally swoon as soon i saw him. I fell in love with him at first sight. I would eagerly wait for the clock to strike 6' and hop off to watch zorro. I still have a crush on him!
Each and everytime I saw him enter a scene on his white stallion clashing with those merciless and corrupt officials I was thrilled! And when a fight ended there used to be a "Z" marked on their clothes by Zorro's elegant sword! And this thing was always compulsory for a fatso official, Gonsalves ( he was a good character - a subordinate officer who had to obey his orders to attack zorro).
His girl in the series - Lolita, who loved Zorro but was unaware of the fact that Diego was Zorro himself. I seriously used to pray that Lolita gets to know this somehow and finally in the end Bernard told her  =)
Ah! Zorro. Had he been real other handsomes would have ceased to exist for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment